join.me Forums

Feature Requests

RSS Feed

Updating an existing meeting

• Pasindu Premaratne
    • Topic created 1 year ago

I'm trying to update an existing meeting using ajax patch.

$.ajax({ url:"https://api.join.me/v1/meetings/{meeting_id}", type:"PATCH", dataType:"json", data:{ _method: 'PATCH', "startWithPersonalUrl":false, "meetingStart":"2018-03-15T12:00:00Z", "meetingEnd":"2018-03-15T14:00:00Z", "meetingName":"Test Patch", "participants":[ "pasindu@zenithit.co" ] }, //contentType:"application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=utf-8", headers:{ 'Authorization': "Bearer {access token}", 'Content-Type' : "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=utf-8" }, success: function (data) { console.log(data); }, error: function(data) { console.log(data); } });

but I get a response as : {"Message":"The request is invalid.","ModelState":{"request":["Invalid JSON","request cannot be null"]}}

Any assistance would be really appreciated

Message edited by Pasindu Premaratne 1 year ago

1. join.greg1 year ago

Hi Pasindu,

The response of the server is correct. A well formatted JSON should be sent. The rule your message is missing is, that all Strings must be wrapped in double quotes. As far as I see, the _method and 'PATCH' strings are not wrapped so.

Please format the message to conform the JSON validation rules, and you should be good to go.

Best, Greg

[ Page 1 of 1 ]